The Kalama School District is beginning the long-range facility
planning process. Please see the links below for more information. If
you are interested in learning more or want to involved please contact
- January 22, 2016 Proposal for Planning Services received by ESD 112 Construction Services Group (CSG)
- February 2016 School Board Discusses Long-range facility needs and reviews CSG proposal
- March 28, 2016 – School Board Approves CSG Planning Services Proposal
- April 28 & May 10, 2016 – Superintendent Holds Long-range facility Planning Informational Meetings
- May – June – Superintendent Finalizes Long-Range Facilities Planning Committee
Long-range Facilities Planning Committee Timeline (REVISED 01/06/2017)
- 05/25/2016 - Project Initiation/Informational Meeting.
- 06/23/2016 - Committee Meeting No. 1 – Data Presentation.
- 07/21/2016 - Committee Meeting No. 2 – Project Option Discussions.
- 08/04/2016 - Committee Meeting No. 3 – School Visit.
- 08/25/2016 - Committee Meeting No. 4 – Committee Meeting - Project Idea Refinement.
- 09/15/2016 - Committee Meeting No. 5 – Review of Project options and cost estimates.
- 09/26/2016 - School Board Adopts Planning Dates.
- 10/10/2016 - School Board Workshop/Community Information Meeting.
- 10/20/2016 - Long Range Facility Planning Committee meets to finalize 1-2 options for Board consideration.
- 10/24/2016 - Jim McNeil discusses Preliminary Bond Resolution.
- 11/14/2016 - School Board Workshop - Committee presents final recommendation(s) and Mark Prussing presents bond financing options for the recommended project(s).
- 11/28/2016 - School Board Meeting - Board votes to move forward with the development of a Bond plan.
- 12/19/2016 - School Board Meeting - Board request additional workshop.
- 01/18/2017 - School Board Workshop - Review plan details and hear from consultants regarding budget assumptions.
Long-range Facilities Planning Resources